Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find 1st Quarter 2021 941?

I need to do a 1st quarter 2021 941. The current version of the form (revised 6/24/21) does not appear to be the correct versions for this quarter and I can't seem to find the version that would apply in the IRS' list of prior period forms. 

Anyone know where I should look? Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your help even though I was not posting to the correct forum. 

Could you give me the link to the forum you would recommend for this type of question?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
sjrcpa
Level 15

irs.gov

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f941--2021.pdf

Look on the left side for the options to open the different versions.

Yep. I do know that. 

Thanks for your input but not the answer I was looking for. 

I have found the 2021 941, however, the section of the form where I would mark 'January, February, March' to indicate that I am reporting first quarter 2021, is grayed out. The fact that this is the only quarter that the IRS does not allow to be checked on the current form is causing me to be concerned that this is not the correct revision to use for that period. I have searched and searched for a 941 revision that would apply to Q1 2021 and have come up with absolutely nothing. 

The instructions read as follows:

Check the Box for the Quarter
Under “Report for this Quarter of 2021” at the top of Form
941, check the appropriate box of the quarter for which
you’re filing. Make sure the quarter checked is the same as
shown on any attached Schedule B (Form 941), Report of
Tax Liability for Semiweekly Schedule Depositors, and, if
applicable, Schedule R (Form 941).

However, I am still concerned as to why the IRS does not want us to check the 1st quarter box on the current form, which is why I am seeking some input or reassurance. 

Thanks!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You posted in an Income Tax Preparation community for using Lacerte, ProSeries and ProConnect.

If you are using EasyAcct, you are in the near neighborhood, but the wrong forum. Otherwise, it seems you got lost on the internet.

I can help with this, though. The IRS has been providing form Packages. It's like a Zip File, in that more than one form is in the pdf package.

Go here and get this:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f941--2021.pdf

You have Two Quarterly forms there. You want the first one, that is March 2021 revision. Not June 2021 revision.

You might want to bookmark that IRS Forms resource, as well. This happened all of 2020, as well.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your help even though I was not posting to the correct forum. 

Could you give me the link to the forum you would recommend for this type of question?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Could you give me the link to the forum you would recommend for this type of question?"

Where you are, here, is part of Intuit's universe for the various programs they sell, and the paid services or subscriptions you would have from them.

Are you using EasyAcct? QuickBooks? Sage? Lacerte? Mint? Payroll.com? ADP? Square?

0 Cheers

I use Lacerte, QBD, QBO. 

I reviewed all of the options under the 'Community' drop down and the only forum that looked like it would apply to this particular question was  Tax Talk within the Industry Discussions menu. The only other options there were COVID-19 and Practice Advice. 

Honestly, this is the first time I've ever even heard of EasyACCT. 

I really am dealing with a tax issue albeit payroll taxes, but I figured that this was the best place to ask. 

So I truly did put some thought into where I posed my question 🙂

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

QuickBooks Payroll would be at the QB Community, which is this link:

QB Community

0 Cheers

I'm going to check this out. Thank you!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Your same log in username works over at the QB Community (and the TurboTax Community).

0 Cheers

When I click this file I only get the Spanish version. I can NOT find the form anywhere!! 

Can someone find the Quarter 1 2021 941 Form?? English. 

0 Cheers

Heyyyyyyyyy Never mind I found the correct link. it was at the top of this thread. JEEEEEEEEEEEZE louise

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Never mind I found the correct link"

You can lead them to water, but if you try to drown them, everyone gets upset 🙂

Glad it helped!

0 Cheers