Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Didn't Happen When (Fill In the Blank) Was President

BobKamman
Level 15

Apparently IRS sent out this "Quick Alert" today to some practitioners:

Attention:  Return Transmitters and Authorized IRS e-file Providers/EROs

We identified a delay in processing Form 1040 balance due, Form 1040-X amended, and Form 1040-ES estimated tax payment requests submitted via Modernized e-File. The issue has been resolved, and pending payments are being processed. The taxpayer's account will be credited with the original requested payment date(s). Taxpayers should not re-submit these payments.

If a taxpayer re-submitted  any of these payment requests due to the delay in processing they may cancel them by calling 1-888-353-4537. Cancellation requests must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, at least two business days prior to the scheduled payment date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

This didn't happen when Lincoln was president.  But if I remember correctly, I had a hard time making a living out of preparing tax returns back then.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

If they can't blame this on the software, what will the malcontents and gripers complain about next?  

I hear that Armenian genocide is a hot topic in the news these days.  Was Intuit around in 1915?  16th Amendment was 1913.  Definitely possible.