Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Return filing . I have a clients return that IRS states was not files. Filed through ProSeries

JudyB
Level 3

I am not sure this is the right forum.

Using ProSeries Basic

Filed a 2020 tax return for client 

have acknowledgment that it was received and accepted, and have control number

CLient received a letter stating that they have no return on file.

The only number given is an automated one.

Is there a number or another site (He requested a tax Transcript; hence the reply)

Isn't there a number for tax professionals 

Thanking you all in advance

Judy Blair

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

IRS is really slow processing this year. Possibly the letter was issued while the e-file was being "reviewed". Does the client expect a refund - check the refund status from here https://www.irs.gov/refunds

No refund? Has their refund payment been processed?

There is a practitioner hotline, which is only slightly easier to get through on, but if the return has not been processed they may not talk with you. https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/practitioner-priority-service-r#:~:text=Our%20Practitioner%20P...

I had a return accepted on 4/14 and the refund received on 6/28. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
BobKamman
Level 15

I think you mean, "Has their payment been processed?"

And why would IRS be telling someone so early in the year that no return has been received?  Maybe they are really asking about 2019 or earlier?

JudyB
Level 3

Thank you. 

Eservices hotline was able to confirm that the return was a. Elated. . Good news.  The practitioner hotline would not even put me queue   Sa I will start again tomorrow.

also any info on the UI REFUND for those who filed before the $10,200 exception?  My clients have not received. 

Thanks for all you help

judy

0 Cheers
JudyB
Level 3

Thank you. This response was for. Taxyear Dec 2020  and date of letter was July 10, 2021. 

Return has been accepted per a call to eservices.   Thank you for reaching out

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

So the client asked for a transcript of 2020?  If the return has not been processed, I don't think anything will show up, even if accepted by e-filing.  It's probably one of the 16 million returns still under review.  If it was a joint return, the UC adjustment won't have been made yet.  Is this a case where a mortgage lender is making work for everyone because someone thought it would be a good idea to verify tax return filing?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"also any info on the UI REFUND"

Have you been reading this topic:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/good-news-in-limbo-refu...

If you sign up for e-newsletters from the IRS ( and any other governmental entity you want), you would have gotten this message directly.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.