Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus Check

lfutral
Level 1

My spouse died in 2019.  "My payment" says, stimulus check was scheduled to be deposited in account May 13th.  Did not happen.  After weeks of not getting a live person, I finally spoke to an agent who acknowledged that she had received an email about widows and widowers not getting a stimulus check, but that there was no solution offered.  All my information provided is accurate so it didn't go to someone else's account.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This is an advance on a 2020 credit (next year's taxes), so if you don't get it now, you'll pick it up on next years tax return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

Not for a spouse who died in 2019.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so since this is an advance on a 2020 credit, were people that were deceased prior to 2020 really supposed to be entitled to it?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

And, someone who died in 2019 is not being impacted by anything to do with the novel coronavirus that results in covid-19 illness, nor the current financial impacts of the shutdowns.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now-  so since this is an advance on a 2020 credit, were people that were deceased prior to 2020 really supposed to be entitled to it?

If they weren't, why did IRS send out billions in payments to them?  

And now, of course, IRS is saying that even 2020 decedents are not eligible. 

Good thing we have a (sort of) independent judiciary to sort these things out.  

0 Cheers
lfutral
Level 1

I wasn't concerned about receiving my deceased spouse's check; I never received mine.  It is lost in limbo and there is not phone number to contact.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@lfutral 

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer, not how to use the specific programs this Community is meant for.

I recommend using a web search, such as:

irs stimulus faq

And then reading what the IRS is telling you about all of this. They also are Updating their FAQ list nearly Daily.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers