Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Emp Tax

tm4765
Level 1

Why won't different numbers for line 18 always says too large. on the schedule SE  page . I even put 0 through 6787 numbers

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Schedule SE says that, or are you talking about the deferral of SE tax on Schedule 3?

If you are referring to Schedule SE, does Line 3 show a positive number (a profit from the business)?

0 Cheers
tm4765
Level 1

No it shows a loss of -6567

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Then leave it BLANK.

tm4765
Level 1

Yes I put ) in the correct box and when a run a review the same entry pops up to correct the entry.  This will pop up as a red flag when I file my taxes with the IRS.. I'm I correct on this??

0 Cheers
tm4765
Level 1

I did leave it blank and when I run a review it says I must correct this????

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"when I file my taxes with the IRS"

A loss means no SE taxes are owed, so there is nothing to defer. But we cannot explain how to do it in TurboTax. You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte , and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers