Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sec 199A deduction on 1041

Lisa B
Level 2

Working on a fiduciary tax return form 1041 with Sec 199A from a REIT.  All DNI is distributed but the K-1's do not show any Sec 199A being distributed.  Any idea why this would happen?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

@sjrcpa Great call out, thank you. I removed my tagline. The person who asked the question will see accept as solution or as a moderators we see it.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

What program are you using? 

0 Cheers
Lisa B
Level 2

We are using Lacerte software.  Based on a phone discussion with Lacerte tech support on Saturday, the issue raised is in development but has not been finalized and there is no ETA as to when it will be completed.  If you know more about this than what I was told via phone on Saturday, please let me know.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Let me check on this. 

0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

I looked up your account with the information that I had and I see that you were trying to get information to flow from screen 43. I entered in information in screen 43 in the Qualified Production Activities Income section (14I) and nothing flowed to the K1. The only way that I was able to get the statement to appear with code I on line 14 was to enter in screen 25 Passthrough K-1's>Other(20)>Section 199A>(20Z) Qualified Business Income.

I did find some information that this is still in development.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Kathi,

I suggest you remove "If this answers your question, please mark Accepted as Solution, otherwise feel free to ask further questions. Thanks!" 

When you ask another question or make a comment, you are not providing an aanswer. As far as I can see, this new forum does not have "Accepted as Solution" as an option.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

@sjrcpa Great call out, thank you. I removed my tagline. The person who asked the question will see accept as solution or as a moderators we see it.