Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental Real Esate Safeharbor Election statement for efiled return

Marianne
Level 1

I efiled a clients tax return last week that had selected the safe harbor election for the QBID deduction for their real estate rental activities.  I had them sign the safe harbor election form but didn't attach the signed .pdf file to the return, I kept it for my records.  I'm wondering if what was efiled thru Proseries would let the IRS know that they selected the safe harbor election or if they will be unaware that the safe harbor was selected.  I read on this forum that the safe harbor election forms generated by proseries would not be included with the efiled form.  Just wanted to verify this is true and also wondering the easiest way to fix this?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive got one I forgot to attach as well (was last week, Im out of rhythm since its summer and not in the trenches of tax season!), Im just keeping it in the client file in case its ever requested or questioned...I think thats the best you can do.    No human is loking at those attachments to the Efiled return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪