Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal of PTIN

own boss
Level 2

I would like to know if any Tax Preparers are having trouble renewing their PTIN's??

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
own boss
Level 2

Thank you, Terry53029, I have been trying to renew it since last week, and it keeps taking me in a merry-go-round back to the same place; I even waited on the phone for one hour for the IRS Rep to help me, and nothing, this has never happened in the past 18 years. I guess my only option is to go to the IRS building.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Did mine a few days ago, and no issues. I did notice it was down a few days, but it is up and running with some updates to the site from last year 

own boss
Level 2

Thank you, Terry53029, I have been trying to renew it since last week, and it keeps taking me in a merry-go-round back to the same place; I even waited on the phone for one hour for the IRS Rep to help me, and nothing, this has never happened in the past 18 years. I guess my only option is to go to the IRS building.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You should wait a week or so, as they may just getting some bugs out of the newly redesigned page

Myopic1
Level 2

I have been trying off and on since 8 this morning and it finally went through at 1:14 PM! Either there is a bug in the program or tax preparers are inundating their system. Good luck!

own boss
Level 2

Thank you, Myopic1; you just gave me hope because I was getting worried; I'm retired and count on this extra income to live.

0 Cheers
own boss
Level 2

Champ, Terry53029, Thank you. You are indeed a Champ; that is excellent advice. Thank you very much.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They were down for maintenance for quite awhile.   

There's plenty of time for renewal, don't we have until the end of December?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
own boss
Level 2

Just-Lisa-Now-, Yes, We do indeed, and I knew they revamped and or updated the renewing site, but as someone else suggested, the IRS may still be trying to get the bugs out of it because I have been trying for or since last week, and is not working for me.

Accountant-Man
Level 12

I just did it. It worked. $30.75.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
own boss
Level 2

Ok, Good for you, Champion of the World, Accountant-Man, and it is good to know how much you paid for it, so no more freebies for the tax guys.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11
Worked for me.
If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
ljr
Level 8

Worked for me too. No problem taking my money either.