Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received a CP12 notice

Susana370
Level 3

Received a CP12 notice, but it is impossible to get through The IRS. any advice?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

I've found best time to call is end of day...especially on Friday.  Monday is the worst day to try.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

Have you tried to call Practitioner Priority Service?

Susana370
Level 3

yes, and the problem persists. they do not connect. It says call back later

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

What does the notice say?  Has a refund increased?  Has a balance due changed?  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I've found best time to call is end of day...especially on Friday.  Monday is the worst day to try.

Susana370
Level 3

there is a reduction of the refundable child tax credit. 8812 dos not match 1040. I think they misplaced 8812. I will resubmitt  form8812 , its worksheet, and letter 6419  to reconcile. If I can not reach the IRS, I will sumbit an 911 form" Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance.

Thank you all for your replies.

Susana

Drphibes
Level 7

There has been a dramatic inability to get into the IRS since a company called callenq.com came about.  They robocall the IRS numbers, get in on hold, and then transfer that spot to one of their subscribers who has requested that particular number.  They do this for about 20 different IRS numbers, robocall after robocall.  They want $300/mo for up to 1200 minutes speaking with the IRS (not charged for the on hold time).  That fee is up about 300% from 6 months ago with the warning on their website sign up page that it is about to go up again.  Congress has already been warned about them and the AICPA has sent a strongly worded message to the IRS on Aug 8th about the inability to get in on the Practitioner Priority line.  I tried to get through 5 days in a row and on the 5th day (today about 2 hrs before they closed for the long weekend) got on hold with a 15min to 30min anticipated wait time.  Waiting on hold for 1 1/2 hrs got me hung up on and could not get back in before they closed.