Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver Lining To Virus Cloud?

BobKamman
Level 15

(Reuters) - The Trump administration will likely push back the April 15 deadline to file taxes as part of efforts to curb the coronavirus’ effects on U.S. households and businesses, the Wall Street Journal reported late on Tuesday, citing a U.S. official and an unnamed person familiar with the matter.

Treasury officials are considering how far the deadline may be extended and who would be eligible for it, the WSJ said on.wsj.com/2ICJKlu, citing the person familiar with the discussions.

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

I'm not sure that's a silver lining... I don't want my summer ruined by extensions 😜

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

My deadline is still the 15th (unless I end up sick I guess!), extending everyone just gives procrastinators more time to lint pick and drag their feet. We already have extensions for people with an actual need.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

I have been trying to unwind my practice for the last few years, not taking any new clients and hoping some of the long-timers move on.  Am I the only one here with a longevity problem?  One client is 101 and many others are in their 90s.  So my thinking is that if Pope Gregory could give us an extra day this year, President Trump should be able to give us a few more. 

I used to schedule a vacation for April 16, but there was too much that I had put off until after April 15 for me to be comfortable getting away that soon.  This year, no travel planned until the end of May.  

abctax55
Level 15

Bob... are we twins, separated at birth?  I'm in the same situation. 

It reminds me of the line "how can I miss you if you don't go away"

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 15th is on a Wed this year, so I'll be in the office on Thurs and Friday mornings, but after that my tax clients can wait until the first week of May....I'll sneak back in for payroll/sales tax reports due by the end of April, but no tax appointments.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪