Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S-Corp Shareholder Stock Basis

mhkdgal
Level 4

Taking over tax prep work for an S-Corp with two shareholders.  Shareholders want to take year-end distributions from the corporation.  Where can I find the shareholder's stock basis is the s-corp to make sure they don't distribute more than their basis and end up with a taxable distribution?

Distributions were taken last year and the box is checked on the Schedule E stating that the basis calculation must be attached, but the prior CPA did not actually calculate or attach the shareholder's basis.  Where else might I obtain this information?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Get their initial and subsequent investments in the S Corp and all years' K-1s and calculate their basis.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Get their initial and subsequent investments in the S Corp and all years' K-1s and calculate their basis.

Ex-AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Sounds like billable work to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Maybe he attached it to the Efiled return but forgot to include it with the client copies? might be worth a call to the past preparer.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪