Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for seasonally employed tax preparers for a research study

ResearchGig
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I am a doctoral student at the University of Oregon and I'm trying to get in contact with people who work as tax preparers during tax season and work other jobs off season. We—I am working with several faculty members on this project—want to understand the unique experiences of people with multiple and possibly very different work arrangements. We are interested in understanding the characteristics of these jobs and their impact on emotions, attitudes, and behaviors.

The study will involve completing 3 short (about 15 minutes each) surveys about two weeks apart each. Our participants must also be willing to ask a coworker at one of their jobs to participate in one short study on their behalf. We reward participants and their co-workers with Amazon gift cards for their time and effort.

If you are interested in participating, please shoot me an email and I will provide you with more details: spychlau [at] uoregon [dot] edu

Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

For those folks qualifying to participate, you might be scaring them away out of fear of those Amazon gift cards bumping them into a higher tax bracket 😰

Slava Ukraini!
ResearchGig
Level 1

Thanks for the comment! You guys are the experts: We pay up to $15; how likely is that amount to bump anyone into a higher category?

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I'm related to another doctoral student at UO and what I hear from Eugene is that there is a demand for firefighters during the summer dry season.  Flames came within a few miles of campus, with doors and windows taped shut to keep out the smoke.

The model is flawed because many of us are self-employed doing mostly tax work for a few months, then self-employed doing other (sometimes related) work for the rest of the year.  Co-workers?  Who would want to hire me?  It's not like I have any practical skills, like scooping ice cream or catching salmon.  

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"The model is flawed because"

Because "tax season" isn't a phrase that applies any longer 🙂

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.