Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS tax payments

I have several clients that have sent the IRS a check for payment of the balance due with their 2019 returns.  After over a month since the payments were made the checks have not been cashed. I understand the IRS has millions of unopened mail.

What should we do just wait or pay again> 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

5 Comments 5
TAXOH
Level 11

Wait.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"I understand the IRS has millions of unopened mail."

Exactly, so no use making it millions plus several more.  So just follow the flamethrower's advice and wait.  Good things happen to those that wait ------------------- that is, if having a check clear the bank is a good thing.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Go to my new website, which matches up people waiting for IRS refunds with those waiting for their checks to IRS to be cashed.  

I can't post the link here but it's something like brain surgeon dot com  😎

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have some that are getting bills and their checks havent cleared.

I also have some that are getting bills and their checks DID clear but apparently havent been credited to their accounts.

I think when IRS started opening mail they just yanked the checks and cashed them and tossed the payment voucher in a pile and that pile hasnt been entered in the system yet.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

I have same situation as @Just-Lisa-Now-  described.    Not just with 1040's but  Form 720 also.

Clients have hard time understanding how this can happen.