Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will turbotax free update and be aware of the $10200 tax free unemployment that is passing the senate today?

Commodore_Guff
Level 1

Will there be some automated pop up when i go to file my taxes using turbotax? I qualify for free filing because ive been on unemployment and made so very little in 2020, and now that this bill is being signed into law, im just curious how turbotax will update itself and how quickly 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

18 Comments 18
qbteachmt
Level 15

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte , and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

O M G...

@IntuitBettyJo 

@IntuitAustin 

This is becoming absolutely and utterly RIDICULOUS.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Commodore_Guff
Level 1

god forbid someone makes a mistake. Intuit is the same company that owns turbotax so my mistake is an honest one 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Commodore_Guff 

It's not the same Programs in use. No one here knows anything about how TurboTax does updates. However, the people here paid tens-of-thousands of dollars for their professional programs that they use as being "on the job" to prepare their clients' returns.

So, did you really want to harass people here, at work?

0 Cheers
Commodore_Guff
Level 1

Dude harassed me first lmao. What a joke you "professionals" are. 

Thank you, at least, for the helpful link...

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I'm well aware Intuit owns both.

I imagine you get paid for whatever it is that you do for a living.

"I" make a living by knowing tax law, and preparing returns for clients, for pay.

THAT is the issue.

( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Commodore_Guff 

"Dude harassed me first lmao."

No; I gave you directions so you could get to the people that can help you. Didn't you want help?

Or, are you just futzing around on the internet?

Your peer community of TurboTax users is at the link I provided. That's a Helpful statement given to us by Intuit as a Macro, meaning, they provided the text for that provision.

Some people don't know when they are being Helped. It's hard to help you help yourself, if you won't pay attention to the help you were already given.

BobKamman
Level 15

@abctax55 "I imagine you get paid for whatever it is that you do for a living."

Seems to me right now he's getting paid for not doing it.  It all balances out, right?  Some people don't work and get paid; they expect others to work for them and not get paid.  We owe sympathy, but not charity.  

abctax55
Level 15

Yep... I posted my response before I read that he was living off unemployment.  

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

@abctax55 

You were just distracted by the part where he said "now that this bill is being signed into law"

0 Cheers
Commodore_Guff
Level 1

Ive worked nonstop since i was 14, never called in sick a day in my life. Ive paid my taxes every year, for 17 years. What the hell is wrong with you people trying to bring someone down for losing their job to covid, something entirely outside my control? You people are vile, disgusting creatures 

0 Cheers
Commodore_Guff
Level 1

I obviously knew when i was being helped because i thanked you for your link to where i could ask my question and receive an answer. Now scroll down and look at the cesspool of humanity thats come out to try and crap on me for losing my job to covid. nice folks you guys got here....

0 Cheers
Commodore_Guff
Level 1

as I said to that other, crude mouthbreather:

"Ive worked nonstop since i was 14, never called in sick a day in my life. Ive paid my taxes every year, for 17 years. What the hell is wrong with you people trying to bring someone down for losing their job to covid, something entirely outside my control? You people are vile, disgusting creatures"

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"as I said to that other, crude mouthbreather"

There is no reason to keep posting the same info, even in the same topic. You seem to think no one here is reading, but we are reading and directing you to get the help you seek.

The bill is not Passed. It goes back to the House because it changed. Then, the President needs to sign it.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/politics/senate-stimulus-package-what-to-expect-guide/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/stimulus-update-us-relief-bill-03-06-21/index.html

This is not a news site and not a TurboTax site.

So far, you are the one calling out names: "vile, disgusting creatures" is not really called for.

We can and will flag this topic for inappropriateness. Sorry you found it necessary to rely on that tactic.

BobKamman
Level 15
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Nope... we are just working folks that have decided we would like to be paid for our services rather than provide FREE help to folks that only seem to know how to attack others.

Hiding behind the anonymity of the internet is very manly & heroic /S

You & your foul mouth have been reported.

Have a good life.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@BobKamman 

LOL, good job.

He's been reported, so hopefully a Moderator will:

1) block him as a troll

2) lock this thread

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Travis H

Due to the nature of the conversation now taking place in this discussion space, I will be locking it.