Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Buried... Help!

itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitAustin @IntuitBettyJo 

Hope you had a good weekend.  It is good to see that a good number of articles are being updated - hopefully, these are the ones that had broken links.

In the meantime, however, genuine questions posted by other users are quickly getting buried by the avalanche of articles being posted by the Contents team.  Unless those articles include meaningful updates, could you ask the Contents team to consider posting them on the backend instead so as not to overwhelm the front page of the Community?

Thank you for your support, as always!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

This is proof how bad the situation is.  Within 38 minutes of posting this, it already got buried 5-pages-under.  Can't see how any legit posts and questions have a chance of surviving these avalanches.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Now, a couple hours later, this post has been buried so deep under the pile of migrated articles that I can't even find it without coming back to my own profile.

I give up.  There's just no way anyone can dig himself out in an uncontrolled avalanche like this.

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

"There's just no way anyone can dig himself out in an uncontrolled avalanche like this."

Could I interest you in an ACME rocket powered shovel?

I agree with the avalanche conditions though.  I gave up looking after I saw the first wave of the avalanche starting to roll down the mountain.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Could I interest you in an ACME rocket powered shovel?

Good idea!  Can I call 867-5309 to place the order?  I may then sell it with a nice mark-up to those who really need it (to have their questions answered). 😊

Still an AllStar
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hey @itonewbie,

Hope you had a good weekend and thanks for bringing this to my attention! 

Our content team is currently in the process of migrating content creation tools. Over the next month, you may notice a significant number of articles "dumped" into the community feed, unfortunately there is not a way to restrict help articles from coming into the feed. We are working to complete the migration this month while the community is in its "down time" prior to season starting. 

As a side note, the content team is working hard to scrub all known broken links prior to the start of season. Please continue to report dead links you find in community through the "Report Inappropriate Content" feature in community. 

Cheers!

Austin

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"there is not a way to restrict help articles from coming into the feed"

During migration from the "old" platform, you put new date-time stamps on the topics, which seems to be how the coding works for the content listing "Feed." Are you sure you cannot backdate them?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@qbteachmt wrote:

"there is not a way to restrict help articles from coming into the feed"

During migration from the "old" platform, you put new date-time stamps on the topics, which seems to be how the coding works for the content listing "Feed." Are you sure you cannot backdate them?

The migrated posts were moved in mass from the old community to the current one in December of 2019. The platform we're on now doesn't support backdating, all of the posts from that migration have a posted date between 12/6-12/19, like this one.

Austin

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers