Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Due Dates for Texas Storm Disaster

BobKamman
Level 15

Code Section 7508A grants an automatic 60-day extension to taxpayers living in federally-declared major disaster areas, for obligations that include filing federal tax returns and paying federal taxes.

The 60-day period begins with the first date specified in the disaster declaration, which I believe is February 11 (haven’t found it posted anywhere yet). That would be April 11 or thereabouts. But it ends 60 days after the “latest incident date” specified in the declaration. I don’t think we have reached that date yet, so it looks like Texas taxpayers in at least 77 counties will have some sort of extension.

IRS (technically, Treasury) can extend the date by up to a year.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

5 Comments 5
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

That's for the June 2019 storms.  Texas has a lot of them.  We'll porbably see something from IRS later this week.  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I think they'll be revising this:

"The June 15, 2021 deadline applies to the fourth quarter estimated tax payment due on April 15"

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Klandrum2021
Level 1

Do we have to file an extension for Corp files on March 15?

0 Cheers