Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended Tax Return

Jakob
Level 2

Hi All,

This is my first post. Please be kind. lol. Are there any updates about efiling an amended 2020 tax return?

Answer is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jakob

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 2020 1040X is scheduled to be final and ready to file on March 25th, this date is subject to change.

You should bookmark this website to follow the release dates of forms in ProSeries

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

16 Comments 16
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 2020 1040X is scheduled to be final and ready to file on March 25th, this date is subject to change.

You should bookmark this website to follow the release dates of forms in ProSeries

https://myproconnect.intuit.com/releasedates

IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as you asked everybody to be kind, how can we not be?😀

Since it is your first post, I'll give you a little hint that will help you in the future.  Whenever you post it is really helpful if you select the actual software program that you are using.  Intuit offers 3 professional flavors plus a DIY flavor, so if you don't make the proper selection when posting or if you don't add that to your actual post, the answer you receive may not be accurate.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would be kinder if I knew which software you were using.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Jakob
Level 2

Thank you soo much Just-Lisa-Now-!

The information you gave is extremely helpful.

Best, 

Jakob

qbteachmt
Level 15

@Jakob 

You posted in a generic Tax Talk topic, so no one knows which program you are using, to give you info for amending your clients' returns. Did you want to provide this info?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Jakob
Level 2

LOL!! Yes-sir Mr. IRonMan!

Thank you for the hint and guidance. Much appreciated. For the future, I will state the software I am using. I am using Proseries Professional if that is helpful. 

Be safe and stay healthy,

Jakob

Jakob
Level 2

My apologies qbteachmt. i am using proseries professional. 

Thank you.

Jakob
Level 2

Oh No! lol. My apologies. I am using Proseries Professional. 

Thank you.

qbteachmt
Level 15

When you posted this topic, you got to choose which Subforum to put it into. You would choose ProSeries, next time, if the question has to do with using that program. That's why the Community Forums are broken into different topic headings.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Jakob
Level 2

Thank you qbteachmt! I am still in the learning phase. I appreciate your information.

Best,

Jakob

0 Cheers

I looked up for answers but couldn't find the right one I just need help to amend my approved e filed tax return 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Ashley Tyson 3539  a 2022 amendment?  Which software are you using?  I dont think the form is ready for 2022 amendments.

0 Cheers

I'm using TurboTax intuit.comto do my taxes and I need to amend my taxes 

0 Cheers

I'm using my cell phone 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This isnt TurboTax support.  But you need to wait for your return to complete processing before you can amend.  I think the 1040X will be released for this before the end of the month, you need to wait for the form to be ready.

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support, they may be able to help you.

0 Cheers

Ok thank you 

0 Cheers