Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

199A Box 20 Special Allocations

ddiehr
Level 2

Question on 199A Special Allocations....
I have a partnership where 100% of everything needs to be allocated to one partner, however, the partners %'s for profit is 50/50. This year there is a loss.
I can allocation everything through special allocations except the two items below.

Box 20
Section 199A

• AA  Wages
  • AB Unadjusted Basis

I tried to add to the special allocation but it doesn't bring up box 20. It only states AA Wages (entity) and there is zero amount to allocate.
Does anyone know how to use the special allocation to bring in these items from the K-1? Or is there another way to allocate to partners?? Thank you for any help on this!

Dawn

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

It is working for me.

I noticed that if you had added the items for special allocation before an input is made for that item, the Special Allocation screen may not recognize the Total Available amount even after the entry is made for some reason.  If you see $0 as the Total Available amount, you may like to add that same item again from the dropdown list.

Once you see the Total Available, the allocation will work as designed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
ddiehr
Level 2

Thank you for responding...

I did add the special allocation after I entered the K-1. Actually, it was the last thing we did.   It lets me add Wages (Entity) but the amount is zero.  I believe it's because of the "entity" and this is a K-1 entry.  Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place to add?  Where did you find it in the drop-down box??  Thank you for your help!!!

0 Cheers