Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTIN renewal - receive IRS code

Mainecat
Level 3

Trying to renew my PTIN and the new IRS system needs to send a code via E-mail to log on to the system.  I click on the "Receive a code via email" but never receive the e-mail so cannot proceed.  I have a Spectrum roadrunner e-mail account and not sure if it is an IRS issue or a Spectrum issue.  I can't find a IRS phone number to call on this issue to see if the code can be by phone or if there are any options.  Has anyone else had this issue or have a IRS contact that deals with on-line PTIN renewal issues?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mainecat
Level 3

Thanks so much - I didn't see the chat link at the bottom.  Turns out the IRS codes are not being sent to roadrunner accounts and the IRS is advising that you use a different e-mail address.  They were able to change the e-mail address through the chat option and I was able to log into my PTIN account

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Did you look in your spam email?

Scroll down to the bottom of the PTIN screen and use the help that is there

Screenshot 2022-11-03 084015.jpg

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Mainecat
Level 3

Thanks so much - I didn't see the chat link at the bottom.  Turns out the IRS codes are not being sent to roadrunner accounts and the IRS is advising that you use a different e-mail address.  They were able to change the e-mail address through the chat option and I was able to log into my PTIN account

rcooley25
Level 11

I have been sent the codes to my email whch is only good for 10 minutes but when I go and enter the code it respones with it is not a valid code. What the hell is going on?

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I dont use roadrunner and I still cannot get on.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Trust me -------- you really want to stay clear of roadrunners --------- they are nothing but bad news.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

What was happening to me was I  would leave the pitan app to check my Email for the codes but when I would go  back to the Pitan account it was like a new attempt and the code would not work. By using two different Apps at the same time I   am now able to log on to my pitn account. I dont know why they had to make it so complecated when it was very simple the old way, but I guess it was for security  reasons.

0 Cheers