Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privately to IRonMan

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

IRonMaN, glad to see you're back. 

Just wanted to know that, while you were gone, someone posted a message asking about you and stating your humor was missed.

I was going to respond:

"I once heard that if you belong to a chat group and you're silent for a while, everyone would just assume you're dead."

But that would be cruel.  

I just assumed you were busy chasing your turtles.  Or taking one to get a tiny tomato tattoo.

Anyway, glad to see you're back.

Just bantering after 9/15, before the 10/15 storm kicks in.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You didn’t do anything wrong.  Some of the folks that have passed away were good friends and they are missed.  Every now and then we just have to do a little reminiscing.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

"Just wanted you to know that..."

BobKamman
Level 15

In my chat group, if someone is silent for a while, everyone just assumes they were picked up by their parole officer.  

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I can't stay away from my chat groups, but I'll stay away from yours....

IRonMaN
Level 15

I was only mostly dead.  Some guy named Miracle Max got me fixed up so now I’m feeling pretty good.  At least good enough to check in a little here and there.  Evidently this place gets a little boring without my unique take on the wonderful world of taxes.  While I was gone I went out and bought a new pair of hip boots to get prepared for the coming storm …………………. or to help navigate around this place through all of the BS I spread here.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Next time, try the guy's cousin, Max Miracle.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Unfortunately there have been a couple of times when some of our frequent posters were silent and they had died.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes, unfortunately.  I did a road trip tonight to visit family.  I listened to a little Jesse Winchester along the way and thought of Chuck while listening.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I never meant any disrespect or insensitivity to the colleagues who'd passed on.  I always suspect folks in tax forums know the deeper meaning of "death and taxes".  My comment was addressed specifically to IRonMan to welcome him back, as I suspected it would serve his sense of humor right.  I do have a twisted way of saying things, but rest assured I wasn't being heartless.  For crying out loud, I still mourn my dog. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

You didn’t do anything wrong.  Some of the folks that have passed away were good friends and they are missed.  Every now and then we just have to do a little reminiscing.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I agree with IRMN, joshuabarks -you didn't do wrong. Just got me thinking. Particularly since I went to a funeral today.

Ex-AllStar