Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll Taxes S Corp

Bethab11
Level 1

First year doing an SCorp return.  Do all of the payroll taxes go into one box (i.e. do we enter the totals from the 941s throughout the year hear - the totals on the 940?)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

The total of employer taxes (Federal and state) go on the line for Payroll taxes.

This means it would not be the total on the 941, but the EMPLOYER portion only of SS and Medicare and whatever state and local employment taxes are the Employer's cost.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3

The total of employer taxes (Federal and state) go on the line for Payroll taxes.

This means it would not be the total on the 941, but the EMPLOYER portion only of SS and Medicare and whatever state and local employment taxes are the Employer's cost.

Bethab11
Level 1

Ok perfect - so not the withholding, just the SS, Medicare and state stuff.  Thank you!  That makes waaaay more sense 🙂

0 Cheers

Yes, but make to only include the portion of SS and Medicare that belong to the Employer.

Typically it is one-half of the total on the 941, but make sure it is correct (6.2% for SS and 1.45% for Medicare).

If they used a payroll tax service, there should be a year-end report showing the totals of Employer taxes.

I would say the P&L should show it, but I am guessing this is not a super clean P&L.