Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonresident alien (NRA) W7 Form

sabiduria
Level 3

Nonresident alien (NRA) spouse of a US resident applying for an ITIN should choose box e in the first section of form w7 correct?

Spouse of U.S. citizen/resident alien  - If d or e, enter name and SSN/ITIN of U.S. citizen/resident alien (see instructions)

Also, the applicant's mailing address should be the same as the foreign (non-U.S.) Address correct?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

They can have a different mailing address.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
sabiduria
Level 3

Thank you sjrcpa. but the chosen box should be e in the first section of form w7 correct?

Spouse of U.S. citizen/resident alien  - If d or e, enter name and SSN/ITIN of U.S. citizen/resident alien (see instructions)

Being that the person applying is a NRA, It is a little confusing as there are several options that can apply to the person in the first section of the form.

0 Cheers
lucrecia
Level 4

Hello there, Im going thru the same situation with this W7 Spouse thing. So was box e supposed to be checked? Did you ever find out how it works?

0 Cheers
sabiduria
Level 3

Hi Lucrecia, as far as I know, you should check e. I really forgot what was my input when I filed this form.