Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ 8879 form

ms856nick
Level 2

I realize that NJ is no longer requiring a signed 8879 forms, however is there a way to force print one?

I have spent some time trying to see if I can do it but was not successful. Can anyone help me. Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Not that I can figure out. Up to some time last year you could print a NJ630 even if no tax was due.... not any more....

FYI, NJ requires an 8879 attached when filing electronically after the efile deadline. Until the middle of last tax season, if you did not attach an 8879 (after 4/15) you would get an error when efiling that you had to attach the 8879. This (feature) somehow got broken and I was able to efile a NJ return without the attachment. Problem was that client got a letter for 100 late filing and interest... I had to go on line and submit the form and proof of electronic filing.

It's obviously no longer relevant but a heads up for the 22 filing season.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Not that I can figure out. Up to some time last year you could print a NJ630 even if no tax was due.... not any more....

FYI, NJ requires an 8879 attached when filing electronically after the efile deadline. Until the middle of last tax season, if you did not attach an 8879 (after 4/15) you would get an error when efiling that you had to attach the 8879. This (feature) somehow got broken and I was able to efile a NJ return without the attachment. Problem was that client got a letter for 100 late filing and interest... I had to go on line and submit the form and proof of electronic filing.

It's obviously no longer relevant but a heads up for the 22 filing season.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
ms856nick
Level 2

Thank you very much for your answer. I appreciate it.

0 Cheers