Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long wait

kabbabkkg
Level 3

Is anyone else have clients that are still waiting on refunds past the 21 day mark?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on other posts - yes.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Don't ask us, ask IRS.

"As of March 26, 2021, we had 16.5 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Advance Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions."

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

qbteachmt
Level 15

And add to their tasks the UI adjustments for everyone who just had to file early, and the APTC removal.

Essentially, the IRS has become everyone's quality assurance clerk.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BobKamman
Level 15

Not often that someone writes "IRS" and "quality assurance" in the same sentence. 

Last week I had to write an IRS lawyer about a case I thought we had settled when a Tax Court judge signed a stipulated order that the taxpayers owed $2,848.  Ogden Service Center then proceeded to assess $3,058 because -- well, that was the amount on the revised CP-2000 they issued after the Notice of Deficiency.  Ogden IRS doesn't need no stinkin' Tax Court judges.  

0 Cheers