Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLC company, single member, tax deposits

nlg
Level 1

To make a tax deposit on EFTPS for a LLC, single member, for quarterly estimated tax, what form do I use?  I picked 1065, and it gave me an error saying I was not set up for that form?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

1) What software?

2) ARE you aware that a SMLLC isn't a partnership?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

You might be searching for another land far, far away called Turddotaxx.  It's a land where everything is free and life is just peachy.  If you liked the TV show Cheers, you will love it there because they love ending all of their sentences with "cheers".  Visit  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Tell them the Yote sent you.

Now wasn't that better than the canned response?

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

There is no income tax for 1065. That's one thing wrong here.

There is no 1065 for this person. That's the other thing wrong here.

You have a Single Member LLC, which means disregarded (ignored) for Federal tax purposes. This person will be reporting their business activity on Sched C, which is part of Form 1040.

You seem to be trying to pay 1040ES. Personal Quarterly Estimated taxes, for a person that has a full financial picture for their personal life, and their business contributes to that picture. Whether or not they need to pay quarterly is a completely different question.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
frencheese
Level 3

Hi, I can actually help with this. I think you would want to make the quarterly estimated tax payments in the name of the single member, and choose form 1040. On EFTPS it will give you an error the first time you try to make a payment, telling you you aren't set up for the form. Just ignore the error and make the payment. It did the same thing to me and I called in and asked about the error and was told to ignore it.