Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Pipe Still Constipated

BobKamman
Level 15

IRS posted this update today.  As I recall, that was just about the same number of returns in the processing pipeline a month ago.  Lots of events in D.C. last month, but isn't most of this work being done in the hinterland?  And I wonder about the advice to keep checking Where's My Refund.  Aren't they going to be using that by next week, for 2020 returns?  It's not set up to look for prior-year returns, is it?

"As of January 29, 2021, we had 6.7 million individual tax returns in the processing pipeline. For refunds that could not be issued in 2020 because the tax return is being corrected, reviewed or awaiting correspondence from a taxpayer, the refund will be issued as a paper check in 2021 per our normal processes. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund for their personalized refund status."

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

Are we having fun yet?

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Of course we are having fun!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers