Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS communication

JTC
Level 2

My client was due a refund from an amended return.  The amended return was sent, and resent by client (after initial efiling). No response. No refund.  In order to insure that IRS had correct informaiton, I suggested that a transcript be ordered.  The on-line (and troubling) response was that the taxpayer was "not recognized". I know calling IRS requires a huge time committment.  Is there a quicker way to a) find out that correct information is on file for client, and b) when the refund will be processed...and c) that the client has not been hacked and information stolen.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I just got off the phone with PPS.  The hold was not bad, I think just about 10 mins.  The discussion was much more painful than the hold, tbh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

Didn't your client send ther amended return in by certified mail or one of the approved private delivery services so that there is proof of the IRS receiving the return?

There is no other way now, except to call the IRS.  Your best bet would be the PPS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

ays it takes about 12 weeks to process amended returns. Has it been that long?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I just got off the phone with PPS.  The hold was not bad, I think just about 10 mins.  The discussion was much more painful than the hold, tbh.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
JTC
Level 2

Had to look it up.  I did not know it existed.  Thank you for reference.

Our Practitioner Priority Service® is a professional support line that staffed by IRS customer service representatives specially trained to handle practitioners' accounts questions. You may contact PPS at (866-860-4259).

JTC
Level 2

Last communication (2nd) sent in October, 2018, so there is a problem...and then the shutdown

0 Cheers