Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRC Section 6221(b)(1)

denise
Level 2

On Form 1065 question #25, when I answer Yes I want to add supplemental information on the K1 to notify partners of the election(like is done in Lacerte).  I will be adding this supplemental info to many tax returns. Is there a way to type this in once, save it and use it on multiple returns? Or better yet is the satement already available to use and I just don't know how to retrieve it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
IntuitCharlene

There isn't a way to generate something automatically but there is a way to add a note that would appear at the bottom of all the K-1's. Go to the 1065 page 4-5. On the Schedule K scroll down to line 20. Right below line 20 is a Other items to be reported on Schedule K-1 Smart Worksheet. Line ff lets you enter manual text that will show at the bottom of the K-1. You could enter something like "Partner elected out of 6221(b)" and that would show with the line 20 "other information" on each K-1.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers