Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915-E will now be 8915-F

qbteachmt
Level 15

For reporting Disaster distributions from 2020 in tax year 2021 filings and beyond, the IRS issued this draft as 8915-F as a "permanent" form.

"Reporting coronavirus-related and other distributions for qualified 2020 disasters made or received in 2020. This form replaces Form 8915-E for tax years beginning after 2020."

"Qualified 2019 and earlier disasters. Do not use Form 8915-F to do the following.
• Repay qualified 2017 disaster distributions. Use Form 8915-B for those repayments.
• Repay qualified 2018 disaster distributions. Use Form 8915-C for those repayments.
• Repay, and report income from, qualified 2019 disaster distributions. Use Form 8915-D for those repayments and income."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
9 Comments 9
Budrok
Level 2

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it. Be safe

0 Cheers
eppman
Level 1

Is form 8915-F currently in Turbo Tax Deluxe?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@eppman 

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Income Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte Tax Preparation programs, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer using TurboTax. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Your sign in user info here is the same one you can use over at the TurboTax forum.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But you put out a call and they answered 😀

Slava Ukraini!
LG2019
Level 2

I am a little confused on the 8915-F. Does that mean that I wouldn't use 8915-E for 2020 information? As in input all of that into the 8915-F? I hope that makes sense.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes - but there shouldn't be that much heavy lifting to get the information inputted.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Does that mean that I wouldn't use 8915-E for 2020 information?"

Consider Tax Year and Disaster Year.

Form 8915-E is for Disaster Year 2020 for filing or amending Tax Year 2020. That is used for one year only.

Form 8915-F, or "forever" form, is for Disaster Years 2020 and later, for filing Tax Years 2021 and later.

0 Cheers
markmerit1
Level 1

Any idea when the 8915F will be ready and will we be able to efile in proseries?

thanks

Mark 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Any idea when the 8915F will be ready"

Your program resources and the web page both were updated, from March 31 to March 24.

"and will we be able to efile in proseries?"

People are filing now.

0 Cheers