Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041 K-1 and MA Schedule B/R questions

swongtax
Level 4

I am working on duplicating a Form 1041 Estate Complex Trust Return, and I have two questions:

The Trust has not distributed any income to any of the 3 beneficiaries (all income is accumulated in the Trust):

1.  Are Schedule K-1 forms showing zero numbers required to be generated with the Federal form 1041?

2. Form 2 (MA state), is Schedule B/R showing percentages of the 3 beneficiaries required if there is no distributions?  I cannot get the software to generate these forms unless there are distributions.  However, the return I am studying includes Schedule B/R with no income distributions and 3 schedule 2K-1 (with no income distributions), just showing names and tax id of all beneficiaries.

Thank you!

Sui

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

Are you duplicating the return in the same software with which it was prepared? 

What software are you using?

Q1 - No. But you can issue zero dollar K-1s.

I don't know about Mass.

Ex-AllStar
swongtax
Level 4

I am using Intuit ProConnect for Business to try to duplicate a Trust Return that has been filed, to see if I can come up with the same tax numbers and Forms.  (ProConnect is much less expensive than Proseries Business/but ProConnect clearly is horrible to use).

I don't think MA Form 2, Schedule B/R and Schedule K2-1 are required when there are no income distributions.  I cannot even get the Schedule B/R (beneficiary/remainderman)  page to come up unless I enter the % for the beneficiaries, and this will reflect as income distributed to the beneficiaries.  If I enter zero %, then Schedule B/R will not be included.

On the return I am studying, it included Federal K-1 (zeros), MA Schedule B/R, zero income but with % designated with beneficiaries names, and three Sched K2-1 with all zeros.

Thank you!

Sui

0 Cheers