Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

employer tax

Anonymous
Not applicable

when does the employer pay his share of the employee tax to the Irs

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Anonymous 

Your same log in here, works in the QB Community, as well.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

When?

With the payroll tax deposits that are done semi-weekly, monthly, or quarter-end depending on said employer's depositing requirements as dictated by the IRS and by the amounts.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

and then reconciled on the 941 quarterly payroll reports

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

The IRS is your reference:

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/depositing-and-reporting-employment-ta...

But this is an Income Tax Preparation community. I know I pointed out the QB forum, which has an entire Payroll section of that community. And because I used to teach payroll classes, I want to give you the same guidance I give others: Payroll is not something to try to teach yourself. Even with the available references, there will be things unique to your client that you will need to know to watch for, document, and follow up with.

If you specifically are asking when and how to send the payments using QB, that is another reason to use the community for QB Payroll. The methods for setting up Software to do what you need it to do are specific to the program in use. That means QB Online or Desktop, Assisted or Enhanced payroll, are all a bit different.

The employer's responsibility is to send on Employee tax and other withheld amounts, and to include the employer share if there is one; but some things, only the employer pays. And the due dates for Fed vary, and for States, vary.

And things change over time. Your client that might be a 944 reporting entity with a single payment for the entire year can be subject to notice by the IRS that their schedule is changed to monthly and their reporting is changed to 941.

Did my referral get hold of you, yet? If not, I recommend following up with another email and put my username in the subject Title, so that it is clear this is "qbteachmt referral for payroll help."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes she did but it’s other stuff that I’m looking at I really didn’t know that there is different community for each topic thanks for mentioning that 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Anonymous 

Your same log in here, works in the QB Community, as well.