Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile rejection

sumluck
Level 2

Has anyone experience efile rejection with 2021 1040 filing recently?  Couple of my clients got this notice saying that a return with the same SSN was accepted by the IRS when I tried to efile.  We know this is normally due to Identity theft, but it's just strange that we got so many this year comparing to the past.  I wonder if there were system issues on the IRS side.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Altho I'm not sure how up to date it is...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Dependents filing returns as not being dependents before the parents file?  Has your system been hacked?

Slava Ukraini!
sumluck
Level 2

Didn't seem like my system is hacked.  If no one is experiencing similar things, I will call the IRS to verify.  Thanks.

abctax55
Level 15

Altho I'm not sure how up to date it is...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
thetaxguy305
Level 3

I have experienced the same thing, many rejections as well. My system is 100% secure and has been audited by my IT and its completely clean. 

0 Cheers
hhmcpa1
Level 1

Did you find a solution to this? We are having WAY too many also and all the ones that have been rejected have small children that would not have filed their own return. We are getting about 2 a week and I wondered if it was a ProSeries issue.

0 Cheers
sumluck
Level 2

We had a professional checked our system and confirmed it's not our system's problem.  We called the IRS, and the agent said that they noticed a lot more CPA firms called regarding e-filing rejections in recent weeks.  Unfortunately, there's nothing they can do but asked us to file the paper returns with Form 14039.  I personally feel that it's the problem on the IRS side, but I can't prove it.  I would suggest that you call the IRS as well, so they are aware of the issues.

0 Cheers
hhmcpa1
Level 1

I will call! We have already been filing paper returns with form 14039 for the ones we have had. Thanks for the follow up.

0 Cheers