Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacting the irs nowadays

bbackues
Level 2

Last few weeks I'm having trouble contacting the IRS through the Practitioner Priority Line option 3 (business return issue).  Anybody else?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I was able to get through after 6pm on the West coast. Being curious I asked where the agent was - in PA. They are open 7-7 local time, so get up early if you are on the Right Coast and call after business hours on the Left Coast. Middle Coasts - good luck? Maybe get a new cell phone with a Left Coast phone number? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Other folks have mentioned that issue here.

Slava Ukraini!
bbackues
Level 2

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I have been searching if anyone else has been having this problem.  Didn't see anything.  What's the consensus?

IRonMaN
Level 15

The search function here sucks.  As far as how the consensus goes ------------ there are a lot of frustrated tax preparers out there.

Slava Ukraini!
Dave Kropp
Level 3

Yes, can't get through. We are unable to process your response. Just tried again.

PATAX
Level 15

Maybe they should spend some of that money that they're passing around and hire someone to answer the phone...

George4Tacks
Level 15

I was able to get through after 6pm on the West coast. Being curious I asked where the agent was - in PA. They are open 7-7 local time, so get up early if you are on the Right Coast and call after business hours on the Left Coast. Middle Coasts - good luck? Maybe get a new cell phone with a Left Coast phone number? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
JudyB
Level 3

I have it Sorry to bother anyone

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers