Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

box 14 codes

Miki
Level 1

Client sold some stock options.     He has the following codes in Box 14.    He worked in California in 2020 and sold some stock option in 2021.

cavdi   California??

esspd   7000   I think this from an employee stock option plan.    Have Scwhab statement which provides basis reported, but I am not sure if the 7000 was added to the basis.    From Fidelity, I get a supplemtal statement.   Schwab does not provide it or so my client advises.

RSUNF    12000   Cannot find this anywhere    He did leave the country at the end of 2020 and had some w-2 income in 2021.   

RSU  4700.    Yes, I know that RSU means restricted stock options and number is included in W-2.   but I am not sure if I used RSUNF or RSU or both as an addition to cost  basis.    

Appreciate any help.     ADP issued the w-2, but I could not find anyway to contact them.

Client has not been any help, but I will try again.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Client has not been any help, but I will try again."

Yes, because those are a lot of assumptions.

There can be more than one plan, so not everything here has to be from one provision. There can be prior W2 values for FMV for something now vested and sold, so basis isn't even part of what you see on that current W2; it happened years ago (typically 5 years vesting).

If this employer is not available via an HR person, and this employee has no literature about this, and the statements have no title or other documents (summary plan info), then perhaps there is a more informed co-worker that will be able to help. There is no Standard for Box 14 notation. No one here can help with that translation, or the history of the transactions that applies to the current events.

You might be trying to combine things that stand separate.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
sjrcpa
Level 15

The 1099-B should have sale date(s). Have your client get his pay stubs for the relevant pay periods. That should help answer some of the questions.

Ex-AllStar