Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona unemploymnet received, but no 1099 G

Liesal
Level 4

Unlike many who are reeving forms 1099 g unemployment benefits when they did in fact not get any ( ie fraud).   I have client who did receive benefits from Arizona,both regular and PUA.).   end of febraury and no form.  Her online account says zero paid yet she has received over 20k in  payouts.  she has called. no answer or been hung up on.  

web site says they were to begin mailing jan 28 and to call by feb 28 if not received... a month to amil....

at this point I am thinking of reporting amount as other income with a preparer statement saying no form received.

anyone else have this.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Her online account says zero paid yet she has received over 20k in payouts. she has called. no answer or been hung up on."

That seems like an attempt at fraud that didn't go as planned. The fraudster managed to get a mailing address change, but not the banking info. Has she confirmed the profile info is correct?

Have you asked for a tax transcript, to see if it shows up here as reported?

I don't expect the IRS or AZ would hate that she properly reports and pays taxes on unemployment without getting the 1099-G.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.