Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

941 Sick Leave Credit

tonyj276
Level 1

So my payroll company, Paycor told me that my credits for sick leave would total $1336.42.

Now after doing the 941 there is additional tax due on the Emergency Sick Leave. This additional tax is higher than the credit.  So it looks like we will be late now and owe a few bucks. Why did they do this? 

Example: Line 5a (i) Sick leave wages: $1317.32 x .062 =$81.67.  $1317.32 + $81.67 =$1,398.99. 

Non refundable portion of credit. Line 11b: $1317.32 x .0145= $19.10   Total Credit=$1,336.42

So we are short.  Why would the payroll company tell me the wrong number for the credit?

Did I miss something? I hate to have a penalty. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Paycor told me that my credits for sick leave would total $1336.42."

The Social Security component is the .062. The Medicare component is the .0145.

"So it looks like we will be late now and owe a few bucks. Why did they do this?"

They, who? Why doesn't your payroll provider do your forms?

"Now after doing the 941"

Did you need the IRS instructions:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/covid-19-related-tax-credits-for-paid-leave-provided-by-small-and-midsi...

"I hate to have a penalty."

You've got time to make any payment still due for 1st quarter. Honestly, I have not read up on the 2021 payroll stipulation, but isn't that Employee Paid? If you have a payroll provider, then I assume you are not using EasyAcct to do the payroll? The other programs in use in this community are income tax preparation programs ProConnect, ProSeries, and Lacerte.

If you are not using EasyAcct, ProSeries, ProConnect or Lacerte, you are in the wrong peer user community on the internet. We can't help with any other software. Sorry.

Have you called Paycor? I've caught a lot of payroll provider errors.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.