Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 PIN Date Entered Invalid

cclark
Level 3

I completed a 2021 tax return and I entered today's date 1/28/23 as the PIN entered date and it gives me and error that I have to use a date between 1/1/22-12/31/22. I never had this before. Anyone know why or has had this problem?? I tried to use 12/31/22 but the tax return was rejected.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

And here's just one, that is *still* on page one of the forum:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/what-signature-date-wil...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Robyn T
Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue. I have been trying to e-file 3 returns since 1/26/23. The returns keep getting rejected whether I use a 2022 or 2023 date. I'm going to try calling Intuit. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

So are about 100 other folks, who have posted the same question, and received an answer to the solution.

Please search for one of those threads.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

And here's just one, that is *still* on page one of the forum:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/what-signature-date-wil...

( Generic Comment )"
Blue_1962
Level 2

I had the same problem with the error when trying to put in todays date. To get it to e-file, you uncheck the box to check for errors. This is on the e-file screen.

cclark
Level 3

Yes I did do that and my e-file went through. Thanks for all the solutions posted,

Cali69
Level 1

Blue_1962, I'm on the electronic filing screen but I don't see where to uncheck "check for errors" box.  Can you please guide me?

Thanks bunches

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's in the pop up window when you go to convert the file for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
Cali69
Level 1

Hi Blue_1962, thanks, I figured it out! 🙂

0 Cheers
Robyn T
Level 1

I have tried both 2022 and 2023 dates but the 2021 electronic filing keeps getting rejected. And I removed the check at Enable Conversion Error Checking. Intuit claimed they were going to have this fixed in 3 weeks. Well time is almost up--2023 electronic filing began on 1/23/23. 

Three weeks is a long time for practitioners to give excuses to our clients. Clients never really believe that there are software issues. They just want us to waive our magic tax wands and complete their taxes.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Following those instructions seems to be working for everybody but you.

Slava Ukraini!