Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 R

antoniagoldberg
Level 1

my client loaned 68K from the IRA, and returned 66K in 25 days. how do i report in on 1099R in proconnenct tax on 1040

Antonia
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Which proconnect product are you using?

Look for indirect rollover. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
antoniagoldberg
Level 1

I am using Proconnect Individuals. 

The client took 68K and returned 66K in less than 30 days.

How do I input this in 1040?

Antonia
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Proseries?
Lacerte?
Tax Online?
Fortunately Intuit will be dropping the confusing ProConnect first name.

antoniagoldberg
Level 1

Tax online

Antonia
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There, see how easy that was!

I assume you have entered the info from the 1099R. Now look across the top of that section. In lighter print is 1099-R ... Form 8606 .. Other Information ....Annuities .... Form 5329 .... Lump Sum Distributi...... 3 more :

Click Form 5329 Do whatever penalty boxes need to be done.

Click 3more: > Click Rollovers > put the rollover amount in to the first box.

If this is the only IRA in existence, you would be done.

If there was more IRA after the original distribution you need to use the search box at the top of the left column and enter "Value of IRA". Click the first hit and complete the sections of Form 8606. This will determine how much of the amount NOT rolled over is taxable. 

If there were a decent search feature in this forum, you might find https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/entering-form-1099-r-in-an-individual-ret... that gives a good start.

If you know which forms you would need to use, you can CHECK RETURN, find the form and click on the line you want to populate and find input that way.

Enjoy the Wonderful World of PTO! 

antoniagoldberg
Level 1

Thank you very much!! It worked

Antonia
0 Cheers