Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 NEC

janine
Level 4

If anyone out there can concur that the following is correct, I would appreciate it.

only one form.  1099 NEC payment made to an individual for work performed during the course of my business.

It should be mailed to

IRS Austin Submission Processing,

P.O.Box 149213,

Austin TX 78714

Any comments or advice is appreciated.

I do not own a typewritter so it will be handwritten.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

You seem to have a computer. I would use it to pay a few dollars to file the form online.

Here is one option https://efilemyforms.com/pricing/ but a bit of searching might find a cheaper offer.

This vendor says you should NOT try to handwrite the form https://1099-etc.com/faqs/1099-form/can-you-handwrite-a-1099-form/#:~:text=Many%20business%20owners%....

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
BobKamman
Level 15

If you don't like the guy who did the work, make it handwritten.  Even a typed one can be difficult for IRS.  I once had a client who received rent of 1245.00, reported on a typed 1099.   IRS sent a CP2000 proposing tax on 124,500.

Yes, I know, your payee might not have been a guy.  And I know where that remark can lead some people, but I'm telling them now not to go there.  

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

2 forms: 1099-NEC and 1096. For most of my clients, I am their only  contractor, and I've handwritten their 1099 on my behalf forever. But I also found a local CPA who orders the laser paper sets by the hundreds and they have sold me a half-dozen, in the past.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
janine
Level 4

Thank you for all who responded to my question about the 1099NEC. A special thanks to qbteachmt.  

I spoke directly to an IRS agent.

Yes you can handwrite the form and yes both can be mailed 1096 and 1099 NEC at the address I indicated in my original post.

For everyones information  the IRS just opened a portal in which we can send the forms.  I do not have more information as to the procedure.  This will conclude looking for answers.  Again.  Thank you Accounting community

Thanks, Janine