Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-NEC Envelopes

NoMoreTax
Level 3

Has anyone found an envelope that will fit the 1099-NEC that is being generated from the Information Return System?

I've tried so many different envelopes but most are exposing the SSN & EIN line if the page is folded in half. Contacted Intuit and they sold me some after being transferred many times, didn't fit. Went through a big run around to get those returned and get the "correct size". Replacements came and they were the same size as the first ones.

Tried a few different ones from Amazon that looked like they were going to fit, but not quite. Closer but the same problem. Anyone found a 2 window envelope that works for the NEC form from Information Return System?

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, the design is moronic.  We just ended up putting a sticky post-it pad on to cover the number.  It works if you have a handful at a time to mail out.  If you mail out a thousand at a time, it isn't a very good work around.

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

I print the 3-up 1099's which seem to work the best for us. If needed we use a black magic marker to cover up the Senders EIN and Recipients Tin on the Window Envelope. We use Greatland.com for our envelopes and paper forms needs.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Tax Tools has a nice selection of forms and envelopes.

https://www.taxtools.com/products_formsandenvelopes.aspx

Look at their software products while you are there.,

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
JRC
Level 8

I use to use Tax Tools back in 1990's!  I think I paid like $49.00 for a 3.5" disk of software tax tools and aids. Everything is getting very expensive now.  May take a peek on their offerings. Thanks

George4Tacks
Level 15

I used to pay 19¢ a gallon for gas in my new car that cost less that what we pay for many of the software offerings from Intuit.  

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm happy that George saved a picture of him driving home in that new car of his.George's new car.jpg

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Did you try Nelco? Give them a call and maybe they can send you a free sample and you can see if it works.

JRC
Level 8

Thanks for the Info, I will look into this next time I'm Paying for Gas and in search of a new car....

0 Cheers
NoMoreTax
Level 3

I have not, but I am going to now. 

Thanks for the info!

0 Cheers
NoMoreTax
Level 3

My office still actually uses TaxTools 2008 for amortization schedules and such. Works really well for what we need.

I'll take a look at their current offerings. Thanks!

0 Cheers
dbelling
Level 3

Staples envelopes that work perfect with 1099misc forms 

TOPS 2022 Double Window Tax Form Gummed Envelopes, White, 100/Pack (7956E-S)