Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095-a allocation percentages

Berrygyrl59
Level 1

I am not getting a definite answer on the percentage allocations for a policy holder and a non-dependent adult child on the policy who is filing their taxes separately. If I use 0% on all three allocations on mine and 0% on all three allocations on adult child, TT says everything looks great! If I use 100% on all allocations on mine and 0% on all allocation on adult child she gets a return and I have to pay. If I use 0% on all allocations on mine and 100% on all allocations on adult child she gets a return and  I get a return. There are no blank columns on the 1095-A. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@TaxGuyBill   hes the ACA guru and can explain it best

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Berrygyrl59  

If you are using TurboTax, you are lost on the internet.

The TurboTax Community is at this link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/discussions/discussion/03/302

They can answer your question.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Berrygyrl59
Level 1

Thanks for pointing me in the next direction. I am not sure about your ‘leveling up’ comment. Should I laugh or be offended?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Level up" is part of my signature, because I am no longer labeled an All Star. These Intuit communities are using social networking concepts for business purposes. My signature will change, again, though. I just need to keep up with the Intuit badges and classifications.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.