This article will help you:
- Complete the required entries to generate an extension
- E-file an extension
- Batch print extensions for multiple clients at once
- From the Settings menu, choose Options.
- Select the Tax Return tab.
- Scroll down to the Federal Tax Options section.
- Locate the Form XXXX with return option, where XXXX is the form number for the applicable extension.
- Select 'Yes' from the drop down menu.
The state extension forms will not generate if the Global Option Form XXXX With Return is set to No. It must be set to Yes to generate both federal and state extensions with the return.
Before attempting to e-file an extension it is recommended to review your e-file critical diagnostics for any that reference the extension.
- Click on the Clients tab.
- Highlight the client(s) to e-file.
- From the E-File menu choose Start e-file Extension Wizard.
Use caution when selecting the e-file Extension Wizard. If you choose the incorrect wizard the return itself will be transmitted and cannot be cancelled. An amended return would need to be filed.
- Verify the Client Name is correct and the correct extensions are selected under Federal and State Extensions when applicable and click Next.
- Once the extension is validated click on the Send e-file Returns Now.
- From the Clients tab highlight the clients you need extensions for.
- From the Print menu choose 1st Extension.
- Under Return Options choose to print to the Printer or File (PDF).
- Click OK to begin printing.