Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginia Form 502 and guaranteed payments

lhesse
Level 2

Hello,

I have a Form 1065 with 4 partners, two of whom received guaranteed payments.  The partnership needs to file in Virginia as well as California and Oregon.  The VA 502 does not reflect the guaranteed payments and carries the income before those GP's to the page 1 and then wants that larger number allocated between the partners.  Is there a special place in ProSeries' VA502 I need to input the guaranteed payments?  The partnership is headquartered in Oregon but has one partner working in VA, and he is one of the two partners who received a GP.  Thank you

0 Cheers

3 Comments 3
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

Thank you for this question, I am looking at this and will respond after more analysis.  

0 Cheers
lhesse
Level 2

Thank you.  Looking forward to your additional reply.

0 Cheers
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

lhesse,

At this time, if you are specially allocating guaranteed payments on the federal K-1's, you may need to also specially allocate line 1 of the the Form 502 (total taxable income amount).  Specially allocating this amount on the Form 502, will allow you to ensure the guaranteed payment income is reflected on the appropriate partner's VA K-1.  

Best,

Mark304

0 Cheers