Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas deadline

vintagefaust
Level 2

I am a new preparer this year.....

Does Proseries know and recognize the Texas extension and do we have to do anything different on the returns? 

Any new legislation in the stimulus package about to be signed that we should be aware of?

Lastly, any one article that can guide me through all the COVID relief I should be aware of? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jkoz
Employee
Employee

For the Texas extension, ProSeries will automatically recognizes the extended filing date

While we await President Biden's signature on the American Rescue Plan, we are monitoring the situation very closely and will provide updates as they are available. You should not try to make manual adjustments to returns but should wait for ProSeries to release updated calculations to address the changes. 

For the latest and greatest, check out the links below:

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
jkoz
Employee
Employee

For the Texas extension, ProSeries will automatically recognizes the extended filing date

While we await President Biden's signature on the American Rescue Plan, we are monitoring the situation very closely and will provide updates as they are available. You should not try to make manual adjustments to returns but should wait for ProSeries to release updated calculations to address the changes. 

For the latest and greatest, check out the links below:

0 Cheers
ekelleycpa
Level 2

I have clients that owe taxes both for 2020 and 2021.  Is ProSeries going to change the payment due dates for Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana soon?  My efiles keep getting kicked out if I use a 6/15 payment date.  This event happened about a month ago and I'm disappointed ProSeries has done nothing to address this issue.

0 Cheers
RLCTriad
Level 3

As of today, ProSeries Basic continues to display an error on a Texas return designating automatic bank withdrawal of 06/15/2021. When will this be updated? If not, can I override the error message by disabling the error checking and proceed to electronic filing?

0 Cheers
vintagefaust
Level 2

After two disappointing and frustrating attempts at getting a satisfactory answer to this specific question I finally today reached a supervisor - Tiffany, who actually understood the question, was not reading from a script and furthermore understood my concern that yes - I can override the error message and efile the return but more importantly would my clients payment be automatically with drawn on 6/15 and was there anyway to find that out before it was to late to make an on time payment. 

Tiffany assured me that the auto withdraw would work and furthermore after the returns is accepted by the IRS I can call a PS agent and ask them to check and they will be able to see if the money withdraw was recognized.  

Th error message is just a program check and balance and should not interfere with the auto payments. 

I so appreciated her knowledge and clarity after battling representative incompetence and/or lack of understanding the last few days - I was getting replies like update your program and mail in a paper return....to me both insulting and backwards - so thank you Tiffany and I hope this can help others. 

ekelleycpa
Level 2

Thanks, I'm printing this page.  My sanity bar just improved a notch.

0 Cheers
vintagefaust
Level 2

so glad.....now that I'm thinking about it she kept using the word agent - just call and an agent can look and tell you.....I dint ask at the time and I'm nt gonna call again but wondering if she meant IRS agent not PS? not sure but it makes sense to me that the payment will go so I'm gonna be satisfied with that, relax and just work-take care.

0 Cheers
sholekamp
Level 1

Great post! I've been expecting a correction to the 6/15/2021 payment date error for over a month.  Before this post I had decided to file the 1040 returns and require my clients to make their tax payments via check on 6/15/2021.  Now I feel confident that overriding the error will allow electronic filing and the payment will be made on 6/15/2021.

0 Cheers