Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ Rejections

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

What's going on w/ NJ efile.  I had about 7 rejected yesterday and the message said something changed w/ NJ and the updated software wouldn't be available til at or after 4/20?  Care to be a little more specific about what's causing this last minute aggravation? 

Since your recommending filing NJ630's you might suggest that they are filed with the state directly rather than using the PS extension... it doesn't seem to work either.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IntuitCharlene

I can do some checking on this for you. What was the exact rejection code you were receiving? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11
NJ_Pension_ErrorHold
If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

Thank you! With that error code I was able to get some more details. 

New Jersey has updated it's tax law to follow the federal guidelines for coronavirus-related distributions. (more info can be found here:  https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/covidpension.shtml). Our development teams are working on getting this updated in the software. That update should be out on 5/20. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
LJHCPA
Level 4

've got a similar problem with one client. 2021 is his first years as a NJ resident, and his NY employer won't WH NJ tax (don't know why), so we expect to owe. This makes the extension vital. I marked PS to pay $40,000 with the extension, and did a final review (of course with virtually no 2021 data entered (I won't get that until just prior to 9/15) there are lots of general errors. But nothing was flagged by PS for the extension.

The federal, California NR, and NJ extensions were all submitted with no errors--except PS had a comment following the NJ extension: "Not transmitted, the selected first extension(s) was not successfully converted for Electronic Filing..."  yet the current status for NJ shows as "Sent to State"

Turns out I had not entered the date in the NJ signature box (this should have been an identified error in the review process--but it was not). I corrected that error but ProSeries will not allow me to re-submit the extension because it shows the status as "Sent to the State"

How can I re-submit the extension and payment prior to midnight tonight?

0 Cheers
LJHCPA
Level 4

ill you please review my comment I just made regarding this same error I am having?  Your timely response is appreciated.

0 Cheers
IntuitRebecca

Hi there, 

When you click into the NJ extension "Sent to State" status, is a Submission ID displayed?

If so, it sounds like the extension was transmitted, so you'll need to wait for it to get rejected (assuming that it will for the missing signature date) in order to retransmit.

Is it possible that the "Not transmitted...not successfully converted" message related to an earlier attempt, or different agency's extension? I wouldn't expect a return with that message to then show as Sent to State.

0 Cheers
LJHCPA
Level 4

it shows a submission ID of 871230202210606ly0b

0 Cheers