Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a reason why Intuit isn't forwarding 1120S extensions on to the IRS?

terrycpa
Level 3

EF Status has been "Received by Intuit" for over a day now for an 1120S extension which was efiled.  Usually they are approved by the IRS in less than an hour.  Is there a reason for the delay, and will Intuit get the extension to the IRS by the deadline tonight?

0 Cheers

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Mine all cleared within a short time yesterday afternoon.

Slava Ukraini!
terrycpa
Level 3

Any way to get in touch with Intuit other than telephone?  After holding for over 90 minutes, their system disconnects you.

I have sent in other extensions while on hold with them and already have those back.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried highlighting the returns in the EF homebase and then clicked on the e-file button and selected update acknowledgements?

Slava Ukraini!
terrycpa
Level 3

Many many times.  It has yet to be sent to the IRS.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry, that's all I have for ideas.  About all you can do is wait for them to clear or try another call to support.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3

Thanks.  I'm considering putting a paper copy of the extension in the mail with today's postmark, just in case.   It's almost 5 here and their phone lines will not be clearing anytime soon.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You should be good with the postmark date at Intuit being timely, but  a paper extension does provide a safety net to allow a better night's sleep tonight.

Slava Ukraini!