Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on F500

Bola
Level 1

I'm filing 1120 corp tax. On state side, f500 has an error. Questions and related information. Line C (2) has the previous year's Federal NOL amount in red. Line C(3) is asking the percent of federal NOL used this year, which is zero. Why is it asking me to attach pdf ? The error says "F500FedNOL requires a statement to be attached in PDF format when efiling." FedNOL was only one year not more than one year. 

Please advise.

Thank you.

Bola

0 Cheers

3 Comments 3
sm965897
Employee
Employee

Hi Bola,

I am not sure exactly which state you are referring to, however, usually a pdf attach error is triggered when there is a value in a certain field. If you do not believe you require an attachment but have a "0" in the field with the error, that may be triggering the statement. Are you able to remove the zero and leave the field blank, and does this resolve the error message?

0 Cheers
Bola
Level 1

Virginia state. There is a value of last year's NOL amount automatically in there. I can not remove the value.

0 Cheers
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

Hi Bola,

The amount on you VA Form 500, Line C(2) should not contain any utlilized net operating loss amounts from prior years.  The field brings over the 2020 current NOL usage amount from federal Form 1120, line 29a.  

I hope this helps clarify the source of the data.  Thank you.

0 Cheers