Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My proseries program continues to shutdown in the middle of attempting to print or just randomly.

Lori Lou
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Do you see this dialog when it shuts down?

2021-03-09_13-39-13.png

If so, the next time it happens can you put "For Orlando, from Lori Lou". With that I can cross reference the issue you are experiencing.  Unfortunately crashes are part of the desktop landscape. Reasons for that include:

• Errors in our code
  • Errors in third party code we depend on
  • System issues, for example a Microsoft update that breaks how things work
  • Update issues, where the product was partially updated
  • AntiVirus or AntiMalware type interference
  • Network & caching issues

Sometimes, going into the Start Menu and choosing ProSeries -> Tools Repair Updates can fix things (by repairing any crashes caused by a partial update).

0 Cheers
Lori Lou
Level 2

Yes, that is the exact error dialog when it shuts down.  Some of the time it happens I am going from printing the federal return to the state return.  Other times it just crashes in the middle of a tax return for no apparent reason.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Ok, thanks. I think we'll have a fix for your issue on March 17th... but to confirm it's what I think it is, next time you crash can you put "For Orlando, from Lori Lou" in that dialog?

0 Cheers
Lori Lou
Level 2

For Orlando

It has shut down twice this morning already

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Are you getting the dialog i posted earlier? If so, can you put "For Orlando, from Lori Lou" in that dialog before you hit send? I need to correlate your issue with you.

0 Cheers
Lori Lou
Level 2

FOR ORLANDO, FROM LORI LOU

I was not able to paste my screenshot to this post.  Error reads

ProSeries has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.  

I then have no other options but to close.  Getting frustrated due to trouble shooting not working & it happens when I have a client in front of me!

0 Cheers
Lori Lou
Level 2

FOR ORLANDO FROM LORI LOU

ProSeries Professional continues to crash & shut down!!  I have done everything that has been requested of me to do with no results.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

The dialog you describe, "ProSeries has stopped working" sounds like a Windows dialog - it's not the one I posted a few days ago. Because of that this will be harder to diagnose.

Have you tried

• Restarting your machine
  • Running Start -> ProSeries 2020 -> Tools Repair Updates

0 Cheers
Lori Lou
Level 2

I have completed every troubleshooting technique that I can to include the following:

1) Installed ProSeries Tool Hub & ran it

2) Refreshed ProSeries Updates

3) Repair or Reinstall Microsoft. NET Framework

4) Cleared & Repaired ProSeries updates

5) Run updates as administrator

6) Repaired the ProSeries installation 2 times

7) Completed the Database Maintenance in ProSeries

😎 Ran the HomeBase Maintenance in ProSeries 2020

Don't know of anything else to try!  Still crashing & shutting down.

clr600
Level 8

Orlando that does not work find something else

Lori Lou
Level 2

Have been on the phone on hold already 2 times since Friday trying to get a resolution for my issue.  NEED HELP ASAP!

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Can you  Launch ProSeries, Go to Help -> SendLogs, and email the resulting .zip file to proseries_engineering@intuit.com?

In the body include"from LoriLou' and include a link to this post.

0 Cheers
Lori Lou
Level 2

TO ORLANDO FROM LORI LOU

Just sent the email to engineering with the zip file.  Also, I am currently holding AGAIN on the phone after previously holding 40 minutes only to have them answer & immediately hang up.  I called customer service & they gave me a ticket # & requested that it be escalated.  Ticket #561489937.  I have been on hold now since 3:22 p.m. 

0 Cheers