Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H E L P

abctax55
Level 15

Ah.... you ARE still alive & working for Intuit.😂

Can you PLEASE do something with a PROMINENTS announcement regarding the plans of Intuit to handle UIC ????

There's is no way we (you know, those of us that answer most of the questions on the forum....) can find a legit question to answer since 99% of the posts are asking WHEN/IF the software will be updated.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

23 Comments 23
IRonMaN
Level 15

I can start calling you names and offering general insults --------------------- that seems to get their attention quicker than just general help.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Many of those questions are from the stupid or overly impatient people, so I just ignore them.

And until States indicate how they want changes to be dealt, it is hard for Intuit to give much information about when things will be done.

abctax55
Level 15

Jeff - go for it.  I'm sure it will be quite entertaining.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm still in a relatively good mood.  Give me an hour or two and I'm sure I'll be in the right mood to go down that road.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Bill - I know that/you know that/many of us know that.

All I'm asking is that I N T U I T step up & put out information to their paying clients about it, so the forum is less crowded with stupid repetitive questions.  So that just maybe 'we' can find the questions that deserve our assistance without having to wade thru the same stupid repetitive crap over, and over.  

At least an in-program alert would be something we could direct these folks to.....  but I guess that's too much to ask as Intuit seems too busy putting out advertising/trying to upsell from within the program than dealing with breaking issues.

This is compounded by the fact that the first page fills with this crap, and we all *know* how functional this place is when trying to just go to the next page.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

They have more than one page?  I forget that since I never go past the first page.

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually, I thought he smelt like lutefisk, but maybe that's just me.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

They have more than one page?  I forget that since I never go past the first page.

Me too.  I stop at the end of page one because it is so messed up.

TAXOH
Level 11

Same here.   I don't go past page 1.  Too time consuming. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm glad they didn't listen to us.  It's a time saver to never have to look past the first page. 😀

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hey @abctax55 ,

Intuit is working closely with the IRS and is committed to getting you the latest IRS guidance for TY20 and what the American Rescue Plan means for you and your clients. We will keep you updated on new IRS guidance and when you can expect programs to be updated.

Here is the latest guidance from the IRS on the American Rescue Plan.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

But do you have any ETA on when the software will be updated?

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Austin, did you even read the post?

Anna is asking Intuit to tell ALL customers what is going on, and ideally SOME type of time guideline.  Posting an obscure article on a forum does not reach people.  THIS is one of those things that an "alert" could be appropriate.

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@sjrcpa wrote:

But do you have any ETA on when the software will be updated?

At this time, we do not. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

But let the users know that so they can stop driving us crazy - post an alert.  Dealing with the unemployment questions is like dealing with mosquitoes in a Minnesota swamp in July.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@IRonMaN wrote:

But let the users know that so they can stop driving us crazy - post an alert.  Dealing with the unemployment questions is like dealing with mosquitoes in a Minnesota swamp in July.

Thanks for the feedback. We just updated the banner message at the top of the screen to try and address this. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Rick, that is so, so weak that it's laughable.  And I needed a laugh, so thanks.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitAustin 

Thanks you for the in-product announcement !!

( Generic Comment )"
rbynaker
Level 13

@abctax55 wrote:

Rick, that is so, so weak that it's laughable.  And I needed a laugh, so thanks.

Don't thank me, thank Monty Python.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

After you posted that, I watched several Monty Python clips on YouTube.  😁

rbynaker
Level 13

@TaxGuyBill wrote:

After you posted that, I watched several Monty Python clips on YouTube.  😁

And now I bet you're thinking that "strange women lying in ponds distributing swords" might not be such a bad system of government after all!  Between Brexit Season 5 and America: The Reality TV Show, I think a farcical aquatic ceremony might be a step up from where we are now.