Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C Corp 2019 IL E-file Reject

Hi, I'm new to ProSeries this year.  I'm working on a fiscal year C Corp that was extended, so we are just now filing the original 2019 return.  I completed the return and the program allowed me to select the IL return to e-file.  I received confirmation that Federal 1120 e-filed, but received a State-901 reject error for the IL return.  Error message said the state can't e-file before the Federal and to re-submit. Now that Federal has accepted I have attempted to re e-file IL but now I'm getting errors that the IL fails to convert and upload to e-file center.  Since I'm new I'm not sure if I have done something wrong that can be corrected, or if this is a indirect way for the program to tell me that e-filing the IL Form 1120 is never going to work and I should mail it in.  Any advice?  

0 Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

Sorry to hear you are having trouble electronically filing the Illinois tax return.  The State-901 reject code comes from the state tax agency based on information we cannot access.  Please confirm, the your return has been "accepted" by the IRS and not just "acknowledged" before re-submitting your electronically filed return.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

Sorry to hear you are having trouble electronically filing the Illinois tax return.  The State-901 reject code comes from the state tax agency based on information we cannot access.  Please confirm, the your return has been "accepted" by the IRS and not just "acknowledged" before re-submitting your electronically filed return.

0 Cheers

Thanks for the reply.  Federal is definitely at E-file Accepted status, and when I attempt to transmit the state is the only box I can select (Federal is greyed out).  However, when I select transmit I get an error back that the return conversion failed.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?  Thx

0 Cheers
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

LeighlikesLeaves,

If you are still having issues efling that return, try the following:

1.  Go to the Federal Info Worksheet.  In Part VI - Electronic Filing Information please scroll down to the "Quick Zoom" underneath the checkboxes to select the states for e-filing and follow the quick zoom.

2. Check the box in Part I to force state only filing.  

3.  Save the client file and try to resubmit the return now.  

0 Cheers